Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Having problems with too many sessions when displaying dynamic image content.

Having problems with too many sessions when displaying dynamic image content.

Ken Varn

I have an ASP.NET web page that displays about 16 dynamic images using an
HttpModule handler tied into16 Image controls. When the browser tries to
display each image, it attempts to display all of them at the same time
which causes IIS to fail on some of the requests because there are too many
sessions. Is there anyway that I can prevent this from happening? I
basically need to somehow tell the browser to wait for each image url to
render before loading the next one.
--
-----------------------------------
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk
Domain = Diebold.com
-----------------------------------

William F. Robertson, Jr.

Just a shot in the dark here...

Could you add the HttpModule to another application pool, and increase its
worker thread count. Since serving the images isn't too intense of an
operation I would believe you could increase the default 25 count without
taking a signifigant hit.

Also there is a queue count of the number of request IIS will queue up
waiting for an available processing thread.

bill

"Ken Varn" <nospam> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an ASP.NET web page that displays about 16 dynamic images using an
> HttpModule handler tied into16 Image controls. When the browser tries to
> display each image, it attempts to display all of them at the same time
> which causes IIS to fail on some of the requests because there are too

many
> sessions. Is there anyway that I can prevent this from happening? I
> basically need to somehow tell the browser to wait for each image url to
> render before loading the next one.
> --
> -----------------------------------
> Ken Varn
> Senior Software Engineer
> Diebold Inc.
>
> EmailID = varnk
> Domain = Diebold.com
> -----------------------------------

Ken Varn

Could you elaborate on this a bit? I am not sure what you are talking
about. Examples or how-to needed.

--
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk