Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Web Server Security for WebServices

Web Server Security for WebServices

muz dogru

Hi all,

I have a general question concerning the Web Server security settings.
A have tried to call a simple *.aspx file. The server reported an
error and I figured out, that I have to change the 'username' in the
processmodel node of machine.config. So I did that, restarted the Web
Server and it worked. I am not sure, if this configuration is secure
though. I have read some tutorials about impersonation. Do I need to
impersonate that my applications are secure? I have written a Web
Service and wonder, if it is insecure with the current settings
(username = system, no impersonation).

Thanks for the help.

Muzaffer Dogru