Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > WebService Authentication

WebService Authentication

Ganesh Ramamurthy

Hi Experts,

I have a ASP.Net application which consumes a ASP.Net WebService. In both
these applications I have enabled Anonymous access and Integrated windows is
off for both these cases. I dont want the windwos login dialog box to appear
both the applications. I am not getting the login dialog box when I try to
access the application in all the pages except the one whcih calls this web
service. There I get the login dialog box. I dont want that to appear. Even
If I cancel the dialog box, I can move to the page.

Another thing which I am surprised is that when I try to access the
webservice (.asmx) directly, I am not getting the login dialog box. I also
tried to put an aspx page in the same virtual directory as the webservices
but I am not getting the login dialog box when trying to acces the page even
through Internet. The Login dialog box comes only when I try to acces the
page which consumes the webservice.

I have the same settings for both these sites.

Someone Please help me solve this Issue

Thanking you in advance.

Regards
Ganesh