Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > 401 Error Webservice. I WANT anonymous access

401 Error Webservice. I WANT anonymous access

Jason H

I have tried checking all the right items.
ASP.net Webservice
Windows 2000 Adv Server .NET 1.1
Web.config
Allow Users="*"
Authentication="None"
IIS
Anonymous Access = Checked
Windows Auth = Checked

Any other things to check? Anonymous access works on my other webserver, but
this new one is no good. No failure audits appear, because no authentication
is enabled.

SR

what are you trying to do? For example, if you want to read/write from/to a
text file, you must grant the ASP.NET account access to the directory...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...