Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > java client and .NET server problem

java client and .NET server problem

gordongekko

Hi,

I'm writing a java client for .NET server. I'm using Java and the
Apache Axis API. When I send a soap request I get back the following fault:

faultString: Server was unable to process request. --> Object
reference not set to an instance of an object.

Do you have any idea of what it could be?

Thank you very much!

Diego

gordongekko

I'm very sorry. I solved the problem.

Sorry again!

gordongekko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm writing a java client for .NET server. I'm using Java and the
> Apache Axis API. When I send a soap request I get back the following
> fault:
>
> faultString: Server was unable to process request. --> Object
> reference not set to an instance of an object.
>
> Do you have any idea of what it could be?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Diego

John Saunders

"Voula" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I also have the same problem and I cannot find a way to solve it! Can
> please anyone help me?
>
> Thank you!
>
> From
> http://www.developmentnow.com/g/16_2...er-problem.htm

It sounds like you are replying to a thread, since you talk about "the same
problem". Some of us are reading these messages through newsgroups, and so
have no idea what you are replying to. I suggest you start over.

John Saunders

"Voula" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I also have the same problem and I cannot find a way to solve it! Can
> please anyone help me?
>
> Thank you!
>
> From
> http://www.developmentnow.com/g/16_2...er-problem.htm

BTW, when you start your new thread, you may want to provide some detail. I
took a look at the whole thread you were replying to and noticed that the
original poster (back in March 2005!) simply said he was calling a .NET
service from a Java client and got a NullReferenceException.

A NullReferenceException is simply caused by trying to access something
through an uninitialized reference:

public class Foo {public int I;}
Foo fooRef = null;
int i = fooRef.I; // NullReferenceException

This is not specific to web services, or to Java vs. .NET interop. It's a
simple bug in the service.

The only possible relation to web services is that when the client and
service do not agree on the XML namespaces to be used in sending and
receiving data, they will receive null data. If the service referenced such
data without first checking to see if it was null, then it would throw a
NullReferenceException.