Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > What makes Integrated Security = true, when config file = false?

What makes Integrated Security = true, when config file = false?

mrkbrndck@newsgroup.nospam

The web service I created is using the new EL Data App Block to handle
connection to SQL Server (on separate machine). The dataconfiguration.config
file specifies the user, password, Integrated Security = false, etc.

When I run the web page that consumes the web service, I get the error
"Login failed for user 'null'" and the event log shows the database
connection failed, specifying the user name provided in the
dataconfiguration, db, etc, but the value for Integrated Security = true
instead of false.

Would I be correct to say the login is failing because Integrated Security =
true? If so, what do I need to change, so that the value in the
dataconfiguration is used?
If it helps, machine.config has impersonate = false.
Thanks in advance,
Mark

Keenan Newton

Your assumption is correct. the (null) Login is because the Integrated
Security = true. As for the EL DAB, make sure you are not specifying
a onncetion string somewhere else. Insure you are using the correct
database instance as well

mrkbrndck@newsgroup.nospam

Thanks, Keenan, for your response.

There is no connection string specified. I gave the database instance name
the same name as the database.

The dataconfiguration.config file is being used in other projects that don't
have this type of error. I wonder if there is something different in the
authentication behavior, because a web service is involved here. My other
projects are class objects.

Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Mark

"Keenan Newton" wrote:

> Your assumption is correct. the (null) Login is because the Integrated
> Security = true. As for the EL DAB, make sure you are not specifying
> a conncetion string somewhere else. Insure you are using the correct
> database instance as well

mrkbrndck@newsgroup.nospam

Sorry, the dataconfiguration file in the folder of the web service had
Integrated Security = true. I must have changed the copy of this file that is
in the web application and forgot to change it for the web service.

Thanks for your time.

Mark