Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > DIME Attachments & WSDL

DIME Attachments & WSDL

Manoj G

I was working on WSE 2.0 & DIME. I used the Attachments sample provided by
SDK and saved the SOAP request (with headers) into a file. What I noticed was
that there was no reference/link/href to the DIME attachment from the SOAP
message body. But, the web method could extract the attachment contents
without any problems (through RequestSoapContext object). So, it seems that
WebServiceExtension would be able to extract the attachment without any
information about it present in the SOAP message, perhaps, only by parsing
the request stream. Is my assumption right here?

A related question is about WSDL. I suppose WSDL Extensions for SOAP are not
yet implemented as of WSE SP3 right? So, any wsdl changes to indicate
attachments has to be done manually right?

Finally, I wanted to know about intereoperabilty of DIME (WSE) with other
such implementations like Apache Axis Toolkit. If anyone knows about any
issues, please do let me know.

Thanks in Advance,
Manoj G

[MSFT]

The Web Services Enhancements for Microsoft .NET (WSE) supports attaching
files to SOAP messages outside the SOAP envelope. Your assumption is right.

For question about WSDL, I didn't find any public document talking about
it. I think we have to wait for next release of WSE.

Luke

WSDL error with DIME Sruli XML 0 07-16-2007 09:06 AM
REALLY slow perfromance when posting DIME attachments =?Utf-8?B?U3ZlbiBUaG9yc2Vu?= ASP .Net 2 05-30-2005 01:20 PM
Encrypting Dime Attachments Sumaira Ahmad ASP .Net 0 11-09-2004 05:57 PM
WSE 2.0 SP1 unable to consume WSDL from DIME Specification Sebastien Tardif ASP .Net Web Services 4 11-04-2004 01:38 PM
DIME Attachments Chris C Python 1 08-13-2004 08:32 PM

Advertisments