Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Deployment Project

Deployment Project

B.J.

Hi,

I need to make deployemnt project for my Web service in Visual Studio .NET.
But I do not know

how I can set custom DNS name for my web service e.g. my Web service should
run on domain specialWebServices.myProjectName.edu ?

my Web service uses database in SQL Server 2000, so I need to also deploy
database and set parmission that ASP.NET can access it

and I use also Analytic Services of SQL Server so I need to deploy mining
models and set permissions to allow ASP.NET to access them

I will very very thankful you if you help me a bit

Dan Rogers

Consider using dynamic, config controlled strings. make your deployment
wizard prompt the installer for the proper addresses, write these into your
application config files. Consider using the data access block (see MSDN)
for setting the data access path in your config files.