Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Trying to get started...?

Trying to get started...?

=?Utf-8?B?YmVybmFkb3U=?=

05-18-2004
(I posted this in the general forum yesterday and got no response. I suppse this is a more accurate place to post this question. Please excuse the cross post.

I just loaded Visual Studio .Net on my local machine. I connected to a remote Win2k3 web server that is supposed to be ready for .Net . I've just created a new project, put nothing on webform1.aspx, but simply compiled and attempted to start the application.

I'm getting the following error

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: File or assembly name System.Web, or one of its dependencies, was not found

Source Error:

Line 71: --
Line 72: <httpHandlers
Line 73: <add verb="*" path="*.vb" type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" /
Line 74: <add verb="*" path="*.cs" type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" /
Line 75: <add verb="*" path="*.vbproj" type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" /

Source File: D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DOTNET24hrs\aspDemo\web.config Line: 73

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Web' could not be loaded

=== Pre-bind state information ==
LOG: DisplayName = System.We
(Partial
LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/Inetpub/wwwroot/DOTNET24hrs/aspDem
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bi
Calling assembly : (Unknown)
==

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind)
LOG: Post-policy reference: System.We
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/aspdemo/dade6bec/eb368a2/System.Web.DLL
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/aspdemo/dade6bec/eb368a2/System.Web/System.Web.DLL
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Inetpub/wwwroot/DOTNET24hrs/aspDemo/bin/System.Web.DLL
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Inetpub/wwwroot/DOTNET24hrs/aspDemo/bin/System.Web/System.Web.DLL
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/aspdemo/dade6bec/eb368a2/System.Web.EXE
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/aspdemo/dade6bec/eb368a2/System.Web/System.Web.EXE
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Inetpub/wwwroot/DOTNET24hrs/aspDemo/bin/System.Web.EXE
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Inetpub/wwwroot/DOTNET24hrs/aspDemo/bin/System.Web/System.Web.EXE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

I'm guessing this a server setup problem but I'm not sure how to attempt to correct it

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be helpfu

Thank
Berni