Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Trying to make ref to third party webservice: Studio attempts to download file???

Trying to make ref to third party webservice: Studio attempts to download file???

aaa

I am trying to reference a web service in the following format:
http://webservices.3rdParty.com/wsdl/TheirService.wsdl

Now obviously they have a wsdl extention not ASPX but shouldn't it show up
in my browser as XML?
Is there some setting that I have to make so that I can make ref and so it
doesn't attempt to download?

TB

erymuzuan

IE will display that in explorer as default.

regards
erymuzuan

aaa wrote:
> I am trying to reference a web service in the following format:
> http://webservices.3rdParty.com/wsdl/TheirService.wsdl
>
> Now obviously they have a wsdl extention not ASPX but shouldn't it show up
> in my browser as XML?
> Is there some setting that I have to make so that I can make ref and so it
> doesn't attempt to download?
>
> TB

Dan Rogers

Do you mean you did an add-web-reference to an ASPX page? Or are you trying
to generate a proxy from a third party supplied WSDL. If the latter,
download the file manually, and then use WSDL.exe to generate a proxy
class. Add this class to your project as a normal reference - and then use
it to access the remote service.
--------------------
>From: "aaa" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: Trying to make ref to third party webservice: Studio attempts to

download file???
>Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 13:58:46 -0500

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es,microsoft.public.dotnet
..framework.webservices,microsoft.public.webservic es
cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl!TK2MSFT NGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP10
..phx.gbl

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices:9042
microsoft.public.webservices:2680