Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Windows 2003, SQL Server 2000 and Webservice

Windows 2003, SQL Server 2000 and Webservice

Adnan Hebibovic

Ok this is scenario:

I have installed Win2k3 with all patches, SQL Server 2000 Ent with SP3a. On
my home machine I have WinXP SP2 and there I created webservice to access to
the SQL Server to read some data, create DataSet and return that DataSet to
the client. I connected to SQL Server using Windows Authentification.
Everything was working properly until I have deployeed that webservice to
the Win2k3.

As I realized there wasn't ASPNET account on Win2k3. Error message: SQL
Server doesn't exists or access deined.

How to create ASPNET account with all privileges (but restricted as
possible) on Win2k3? As I heard that service must access Microsft .NET
directory, modify some xml and so on.

Help needed.

Adnan

[MSFT]

Hello Adnan,

Within Windows server 2003 and .NET framework 1.1, ASP .NET will use the
account "network service" instead of "ASPNET". You may add this acount to
local administrator group so that it can have enough permission to access
local resource and the SQL server.

Luke

Adnan Hebibovic

Thanks

"[MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Adnan,
>
> Within Windows server 2003 and .NET framework 1.1, ASP .NET will use the
> account "network service" instead of "ASPNET". You may add this acount to
> local administrator group so that it can have enough permission to access
> local resource and the SQL server.
>
> Luke

[MSFT]

You are welcome!