Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > providing diffrent interface for one webservice

providing diffrent interface for one webservice

Bhushan

Hi
I am facing some problem while i am trying to manage web services.
Actually i need to provide some management functions inside the web
service, such as SelfTest or Start. Now my concern here is how i
should proceed so that this functions should not be discoverable to
normal users wheras Management Users can see them. It's something sort
of providing 2 diffrent WSDL's for web service, but one has access to
it where other not. Please hel me out in solving this problem.

bhushan

Dilip Krishnan

Hello Bhushan,
I think those kinds of functions should NOT be part of a business service.
Try creating a new management service and secure it using WS-Security or
transport level security so only admins can use it and have those services
do the job

HTH
Regards,
Dilip Krishnan
MCAD, MCSD.net
dkrishnan at geniant dot com
http://www.geniant.com

> Hi
> I am facing some problem while i am trying to manage web services.
> Actually i need to provide some management functions inside the web
> service, such as SelfTest or Start. Now my concern here is how i
> should proceed so that this functions should not be discoverable to
> normal users wheras Management Users can see them. It's something sort
> of providing 2 diffrent WSDL's for web service, but one has access to
> it where other not. Please hel me out in solving this problem.
> bhushan

bhushan_pawade@yahoo.co.in

Actually i am trying to manage same web service so that Management
Functions such as Start Web Service or SelfTest Web Service should be
present in the that web service as WebMethods. My concern is to make
them accessible only to management group users. I got the pointer over
that by defining PortType in the WebService and creating two separate
WSDL's for that. But i am not sure whether it is feasible approach as
it involves manually creating separate WSDL's. Any pointers over that?