Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > HIGHLY URGENT: Does Passport authentication pass on to web service

HIGHLY URGENT: Does Passport authentication pass on to web service

Lopamudra

I have 2 webservers, one running a web application and the
other a web service. The web application calls a web method of the web
service internally to get some data. This web application is a passport
enabled site, hence when the user logs on, it requests the user to log in
with passport.

Both the web application and the web service use the PassportIdentity
object to retrieve the ClientPUID of the user. So we have installed the
Passport SDK on both the web servers.

My question is, If the user gets authenticated against passport in the web
application (web server1), will he be automatically authenticated in the web
service (in web server2) called by the web application. Basically I should be
able to retrieve the ClientPUID in the web service also without
reauthentication.

Please treat this as VERY VERY URGENT.