Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Client Certificate and Code Access Security

Client Certificate and Code Access Security

Jürgen Laude

Hi,

I am implementing a IIS deployed client (Windows Forms) that accesses a web
service on the same server. I want to use client certificates for
authentication.
My problem is, when I call the web service with CAS "Internet" permissions,
I'm receiving a SecurityException in a thread that seems to create the
connection. The user selects the certificate with a OpenFileDialog configured
for working with "Internet" permissions. I can verify the loading of the
certificate and assigning it to the web service proxy works without problems.
Running the same with "Full Trust" works perfect, but my customers require
"Internet" permissions only.
What do I need to do to work arround that? If not, why is using a client
certificate that the user manually selects a security risk (it is no problem
for Internet Explorer to do that)?

Thank you in advance,

Jürgen