Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > why does my webservice web reference not work in aspx project?!

why does my webservice web reference not work in aspx project?!

Eskimo

Hi,

I have a webservice on my local development box.

I add a web reference in a web application to it.
My reference usually comes up as "localhost" but that doesn't work when I
try localhost.<webservice> ws = new ... to use it...

What would you recommend?

--
tym, Eskimo

R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net

Change the name localhost to something more meaningfull and then try with
that new name...
Hths...
P.S : If this post helped you, pls click Yes on top of this post. Thanks
R. Thomas

"Eskimo" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a webservice on my local development box.
>
> I add a web reference in a web application to it.
> My reference usually comes up as "localhost" but that doesn't work when I
> try localhost.<webservice> ws = new ... to use it...
>
> What would you recommend?
>
> --
> tym, Eskimo

Eskimo

I already tried that.

It was a namespace issue.
Which points out the IDE's alphabetic dependency in solution explorer
causing an issue upon compile.

Yes, I looked at project build order. No, it did not help either.

"R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net" wrote:

> Change the name localhost to something more meaningfull and then try with
> that new name...
> Hths...
> P.S : If this post helped you, pls click Yes on top of this post. Thanks
> R. Thomas
>
> "Eskimo" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a webservice on my local development box.
> >
> > I add a web reference in a web application to it.
> > My reference usually comes up as "localhost" but that doesn't work when I
> > try localhost.<webservice> ws = new ... to use it...
> >
> > What would you recommend?
> >
> > --
> > tym, Eskimo

R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net

So whats your status now?
R. Thomas

"Eskimo" wrote:

> I already tried that.
>
> It was a namespace issue.
> Which points out the IDE's alphabetic dependency in solution explorer
> causing an issue upon compile.
>
> Yes, I looked at project build order. No, it did not help either.
>
> "R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net" wrote:
>
> > Change the name localhost to something more meaningfull and then try with
> > that new name...
> > Hths...
> > P.S : If this post helped you, pls click Yes on top of this post. Thanks
> > R. Thomas
> >
> > "Eskimo" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a webservice on my local development box.
> > >
> > > I add a web reference in a web application to it.
> > > My reference usually comes up as "localhost" but that doesn't work when I
> > > try localhost.<webservice> ws = new ... to use it...
> > >
> > > What would you recommend?
> > >
> > > --
> > > tym, Eskimo

Eskimo

It was a namespace issue. I fixed it.

"R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net" wrote:

> So whats your status now?
> R. Thomas
>
> "Eskimo" wrote:
>
> > I already tried that.
> >
> > It was a namespace issue.
> > Which points out the IDE's alphabetic dependency in solution explorer
> > causing an issue upon compile.
> >
> > Yes, I looked at project build order. No, it did not help either.
> >
> > "R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net" wrote:
> >
> > > Change the name localhost to something more meaningfull and then try with
> > > that new name...
> > > Hths...
> > > P.S : If this post helped you, pls click Yes on top of this post. Thanks
> > > R. Thomas

R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net

oh good...
can u pls close close this tread by clicking 'Yes' on top and writing down
you solution so that others can get help too...
Thanks..
R. Thomas

"Eskimo" wrote:

> It was a namespace issue. I fixed it.
>
> "R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net" wrote:
>
> > So whats your status now?
> > R. Thomas
> >
> > "Eskimo" wrote:
> >
> > > I already tried that.
> > >
> > > It was a namespace issue.
> > > Which points out the IDE's alphabetic dependency in solution explorer
> > > causing an issue upon compile.
> > >
> > > Yes, I looked at project build order. No, it did not help either.

Eskimo

TODO: namespaces should reflect the context you're in

i.e.

ESKIMO.PIE.WEBPAGES
ESKIMO.PIE.DAL
ESKIMO.PIE.BLL
ESKIMO.PIE.UIL

versus

ESKIMO.PIE.CHOCOLATE <database namespace> in dll
ESKIMO.PIE.CHOCOLATE <webpage namespace> in web service project

"R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net" wrote:

> oh good...
> can u pls close close this tread by clicking 'Yes' on top and writing down
> you solution so that others can get help too...
> Thanks..
> R. Thomas
>
> "Eskimo" wrote:
>
> > It was a namespace issue. I fixed it.
> >
> > "R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net" wrote:
> >
> > > So whats your status now?
> > > R. Thomas

william

Hi,

I have same issue as you had. I'm not quite understand your solution. Could
you give me more in details?
Here is my senario:
1. my web service was developed in VS2005 in C# as web site,
[WebService(Namespace = "http://www.CompanyName.com/")]
public class Login : System.Web.Services.WebService {
....}
2. I deployed it on my local XP machine as virtual directory "TestWebService".
3. I created a test web application by File>New>Web Site>ASP.NET Web Site,
name it TestWebSite.
4. I added web reference from my web test application which is in VS2005 C#,
renamed the reference name to "TestLoginServ".
5. Added a button on the Default.aspx, and in button1_click event, tried to
use TestLoginServ.Login class, failed.

What should I do for namespace?

Thanks.
William