Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Xml namespace in soap:envelope

Xml namespace in soap:envelope

Rich

I am trying to reduce the amount of data sent over some of web
services, as the data is going over GPRS. Of course, reducing the
length of the parameter names, and header elements will help. Also, I
have considered compressing the actual data going in these values.

However, there is one thing still bugging me... the <soap:Envelope>
tag. Its massive! e.g.

<soap:Envelope xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

Does anyone know if the namespace information is required here? If
not, how do I stop .NET putting it in all the soap requests and

Thanks in advance.

Dilip Krishnan

Hello Rich,
Unfortunately no... soap is verbose by nature. And namespaces are required
to distinguish similar names from each other. Your best bet is the compression

HTH
Regards,
Dilip Krishnan
MCAD, MCSD.net