Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > ...Root Element is missing Error!

...Root Element is missing Error!

Balasubramanian Ramanathan

Hi,

I am using webservice.htc to call a asp.net web service. The web service
works find for the first...when i call it second time i am gettting an Error
.." root element is missing"..this is happening only in remote...when i test
the same application locally it works find... the remote server has windows
2003 with .net frame work 1.1 sp1 installed..

Any help???

Thanks & Regards

Dan Rogers

Hi,

Try tracing the message that is received at the server side. Also, it
isn't clear which side is throwing your "root missing" error message.
Since there are two messages and two senders involved (you send message
that represents your request, the server receives it. The error could
happen right here. The server sends a message back, and this message also
could be poorly formed.

Also, this problem can happen if you are reusing the envelope and adding a
second body child. The trace will let you see this.

Install a trace extension (available from gotdotnet.com) on your service
via a web.config change. Then run the trace.axd utility at the vroot of
your service in a browser, and send the message from your client. Then
send it again. Then refresh the trace.axd page. There should be two
requests logged, and you can compare what you expect to see to what you do
see to help you determine what the probable causes are.

Be sure to have trace="on" in your web.config as well.

Best regards

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation
>From: "Balasubramanian Ramanathan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: ...Root Element is missing Error!
>Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:53:42 -0000
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es
cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEED01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFT NGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP09
phx.gbl