Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Marshaling IIdentity via web services.

Marshaling IIdentity via web services.

null@nospam.nospam

Is there a way to marshal an object via a web service that implements
IIdentity?

Thanks

Tomas Restrepo \(MVP\)

> Is there a way to marshal an object via a web service that implements
> IIdentity?

No, not really. WebServices are not about marshalling objects, but moving
information through XML documents.

You could certainly figure out a way to move the relevant information, but
I'm thinking you want something different than just giving the username to
the other end...

--
Tomas Restrepo

Mujtaba Syed

Because you want to marshall IIdentity across AppDomains, I am guessing that
both the end-points have .NET. Have you considered .NET Remoting instead?

Mujtaba.

message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to marshal an object via a web service that implements
> IIdentity?
>
> Thanks

Dilip Krishnan

Hello (E-Mail Removed),