Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > opening a word doc in word not browser

opening a word doc in word not browser

Stephen Witter

I have been banging my head trying to find a way either in classic asp
or asp dot net to get a word document to open in word, and not use the
browser. I have tried (in classic asp):

Response.ContentType = "application/ms-word"
Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "attachment;
filename='\\Server\SomeDirectory\SomeDoc.doc'"

too no avail. The documents are on a network drive. Do I have to
create a virtual drive in IIS and refer to that in order to open docs
on a network share? My users won't like the browser based doc so I am
looking for something that can call word like the shellExecute funtion
in vb.

Any help is appreciated.