Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Message Trace with WSE2 NOT working

Message Trace with WSE2 NOT working

Patrick

How could I get Diagnostic Tracing (Input/Output message trace, Send/Receive
Policy) working with the following environment:
- WSE2.0
- .NET Framework 1.1
- WinXP Pro SP1
- IIS5.1

I have
- made ASPNET, IWAM_MachineName, IUSR_MachineName accounts member of
Administrators groups
- given all users Modify permissions recursively to
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webservice
- given all users Modify permission to c:\windows\Microsoft.NET
- WSE Settings for Web Service project ticked all diagnostic tick boxes
- ASP.NET debugging enabled set in Web.config

(When the web service is running, FileMonitor from sysinternals at
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml does NOT report
anything suspicious)

Dilip Krishnan

Hello Patrick,
Try creating a folder c:\myfolder and try writing the trace to that location.
I should work. Ithink yr having permission problems

HTH
Regards,
Dilip Krishnan
MCAD, MCSD.net
dkrishnan at geniant dot com
http://www.geniant.com

> How could I get Diagnostic Tracing (Input/Output message trace,
> Send/Receive
> Policy) working with the following environment:
> - WSE2.0
> - .NET Framework 1.1
> - WinXP Pro SP1
> - IIS5.1
> I have
> - made ASPNET, IWAM_MachineName, IUSR_MachineName accounts member of
> Administrators groups
> - given all users Modify permissions recursively to
> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webservice
> - given all users Modify permission to c:\windows\Microsoft.NET
> - WSE Settings for Web Service project ticked all diagnostic tick
> boxes
> - ASP.NET debugging enabled set in Web.config
> (When the web service is running, FileMonitor from sysinternals at
> http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml does NOT report
> anything suspicious)

Geoman

In the web.config file add the section so the WSE 2.0 writes trace on the web
services application folder. More help can be found in wse documentation.

The following code example specifies that tracing is enabled and specifies
the files that the trace is written to for incoming and sent SOAP messages.

Copy Code
<configuration>
<microsoft.web.services2>
<diagnostics>
<trace enabled="true"
input="inputTrace.webinfo"
output="outputTrace.webinfo"/>
</diagnostics>
</microsoft.web.services2>
</configuration

"Patrick" wrote:

> How could I get Diagnostic Tracing (Input/Output message trace, Send/Receive
> Policy) working with the following environment:
> - WSE2.0
> - .NET Framework 1.1
> - WinXP Pro SP1
> - IIS5.1
>
> I have
> - made ASPNET, IWAM_MachineName, IUSR_MachineName accounts member of
> Administrators groups
> - given all users Modify permissions recursively to
> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webservice
> - given all users Modify permission to c:\windows\Microsoft.NET
> - WSE Settings for Web Service project ticked all diagnostic tick boxes
> - ASP.NET debugging enabled set in Web.config
>
> (When the web service is running, FileMonitor from sysinternals at
> http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml does NOT report
> anything suspicious)

Mark A. Deal

The problem is that trace is enabled but nothing is being produced! No
InputTrace.webinfo file to be found, but internal logging shows that the web
service methods are being properly invoked.

This is driving me nuts.

--
Mark A. Deal
Document & Data Solutions, LLC

"Geoman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In the web.config file add the section so the WSE 2.0 writes trace on the

web
> services application folder. More help can be found in wse documentation.
>
> The following code example specifies that tracing is enabled and specifies
> the files that the trace is written to for incoming and sent SOAP

messages.

> Copy Code
> <configuration>
> <microsoft.web.services2>
> <diagnostics>
> <trace enabled="true"
> input="inputTrace.webinfo"
> output="outputTrace.webinfo"/>
> </diagnostics>
> </microsoft.web.services2>
> </configuration
>

> "Patrick" wrote:
>
> > How could I get Diagnostic Tracing (Input/Output message trace,

Send/Receive
> > Policy) working with the following environment:
> > - WSE2.0
> > - .NET Framework 1.1
> > - WinXP Pro SP1
> > - IIS5.1
> >
> > I have
> > - made ASPNET, IWAM_MachineName, IUSR_MachineName accounts member of
> > Administrators groups
> > - given all users Modify permissions recursively to
> > c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webservice
> > - given all users Modify permission to c:\windows\Microsoft.NET
> > - WSE Settings for Web Service project ticked all diagnostic tick boxes
> > - ASP.NET debugging enabled set in Web.config
> >
> > (When the web service is running, FileMonitor from sysinternals at
> > http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml does NOT report
> > anything suspicious)

Geoman

Please make sure the web application account has write access to the folder
this might cause you a problem.

there is a tool call fiddler.exe (HTTP debugger) try this on the client it
should show what request and response you got.

Make sure yoiu have added right configuration handler in the web.config file.

thanks'Geo