Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > EnumerateSecurityPackagesW

EnumerateSecurityPackagesW

Hanz

Hi I'm having a problem concerning an exception thrown
can any one help me please? I researched a bit and the
solutions aren't good (renaming a file/removing multiple
IP Addresses). Is there a patch or something to solve
this.

Unable to find an entry point named
EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL security.dll.
Exception Details: System.EntryPointNotFoundException:
Unable to find an entry point named
EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL security.dll.

http://www.aspmessageboard.com/forum/iispws.asp?
M=687693&P=1

http://www.error-
bank.com/microsoft.public.dotnet.security/4135_Thread.aspx

Hello,

I just thought I'd post that I finally got this issue
resolved (with the
help of one of Microsoft's technical support
representatives). It turns out
that since my project has a DLL named "security.dll" it
was getting confused
with the Windows DLL named "security.dll". Once I
renamed my DLL to
"nngsecurity.dll" the problem went away and all was fine.

I'm not sure why .NET gets confused and uses the
incorrect DLL (the case
study sent to me by the tech. rep. wasn't very helpful in
explaining the
underlying problem). I also don't know if it's a bug
that will be resolved
in a subsequent release of the .NET framework, but at
least I'm working now

(Note: find security.dll in your pc)

http://www.adminlife.com/247referenc...26/132116.aspx

Another piece of information. I just found someone else
who was having this
issue.
He claims he had a server with 2 IP addresses - one for
the machine and one
for the
website. He removed the multiple IP addresses and the
problem went way.

Dan Rogers

Hi,

Is there still an open question on this issue? Your message seems to
indicate that you found the collision in the module level name and
resolved the error.

Regards

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation