Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > modify HttpMethod or HttpRequest propertys

modify HttpMethod or HttpRequest propertys

Andreas Schulze

I have a web service. It works fine.

Now the incoming HttpMethod and RequestType (HttpRequest object)

is "Post" instead of "POST". This value cause an exception and I cannot

change value to "POST", the HttpMethod is readonly.

I try my own HttpModule and Request.Filter, without success.

What can I do?

Dan Rogers

What web server is saying that Post is an issue?

Regards

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation
--------------------
>From: "Andreas Schulze" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: modify HttpMethod or HttpRequest propertys
>Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:06:47 +0200
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es
cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFT NGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP14
.phx.gbl

>I have a web service. It works fine.
>
>Now the incoming HttpMethod and RequestType (HttpRequest object)
>
>is "Post" instead of "POST". This value cause an exception and I cannot
>
>change value to "POST", the HttpMethod is readonly.
>
>I try my own HttpModule and Request.Filter, without success.
>

>What can I do?

Andreas Schulze

Ford Europe, the FOCALpt interface to dealer management systems sends "Post"
instead of "POST".

I have my own WebServiceHandlerFactory written to handle the problem.

Dan Rogers

Sounds like the advice then is to file a bug, and use the work around for
the time being.

Regards

Dan
>From: "Andreas Schulze" <(E-Mail Removed)>

<(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: Re: modify HttpMethod or HttpRequest propertys
>Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:23:15 +0100
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es
cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl!TK2MSFT NGP08.phx.gbl!tk2msftngp13
.phx.gbl