Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > how to get then soap XML

how to get then soap XML

chelala_cu@yahoo.com

HI. Can any body tell how to get the XML that should be sent to the web
service. I mean the xml with de envelop and all payload... So I can
send it by email to use a soap email binding tool.

I went to obtain the XML soap client request to use email and then.

Another possible question would be HOW to implement a new transport for
SOAP, so instead of using http I can use email or ftp. offcourse all
that using .NET framework

thanks

Harold

Dan Rogers

Hi Harold,

The easiest way to get a valid XML payload that would fit into a SOAP Body
is serialize from a class that represents your SOAP:Body payload into a
stream, file, etc. If you are starting with a schema, you can create the
class implementations with tools such as XSD.exe or even XsdObjectGen.exe,
and then at run-time fill out the data in your classes, and then serialize
to the XML.

As far as SOAP bindings for SMTP and other transports, this is planned on
being supported in the Indigo timeframe. Until then you will need to
implement your own Envelope constructs (simple enough) and serialize the
entire thing and bind it to the appropriate transport elements.

I searched for "SOAP over SMTP" on the web and found there are many others
trying to find the same asnwer. There are some free and commercial
products that implement some sort of SOAP over SMTP or email as well.

I hope this helps

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation
>From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es
>Subject: how to get then soap XML
>Date: 14 Oct 2004 08:52:29 -0700

15:52:34 GMT)
cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXS01.phx.gbl!cpmsftn gxa06.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA0
3.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!news.g
lorb.com!postnews1.google.com!f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com!not-for-mail