Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Soap without WSDL

Soap without WSDL

Sasa .

Hi,
I am relatively new to SOAP and trying to connect to a web service of a
partner company.
So far I have failed in the attempts as I have no WSDL file available for
web service (and due to some compatibility issues they can not produce
WSDL).

I have got examples in PHP that are working without WSDL, but I do not know
how to get the same functionality in either ASP or ASP.NET.

In php it looks something like this:

<?php
require_once "SOAP/Client.php";
$soapclient = new SOAP_Client("https://CompanySoapServer/service.php ");

$options = array('namespace' => 'urn:SOAP_CompanyNamespace',
'curl' => array(CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => 0,
CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 0,
CURLOPT_SSLCERT => $sslcert,
CURLOPT_SSLCERTPASSWD => $sslpass),
'trace' => 0);

$var->param1=$param1;
$var->param2=$param2;
$p = array(new SOAP_Value('var','',$var));
$ret = $soapclient->call("CompanyWebMethod",$p,$options);
?>

Any suggestions how to do solve this problem?

Thanks,
Sasa .

Tomas Restrepo \(MVP\)

Sasa,

> I am relatively new to SOAP and trying to connect to a web service of a
> partner company.
> So far I have failed in the attempts as I have no WSDL file available for
> web service (and due to some compatibility issues they can not produce
> WSDL).
>
> I have got examples in PHP that are working without WSDL, but I do not

know
> how to get the same functionality in either ASP or ASP.NET.
>
> In php it looks something like this:
>
> <?php
> require_once "SOAP/Client.php";
> $soapclient = new SOAP_Client("https://CompanySoapServer/service.php ");
>
> $options = array('namespace' => 'urn:SOAP_CompanyNamespace',
> 'curl' => array(CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => 0,
> CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 0,
> CURLOPT_SSLCERT => $sslcert,
> CURLOPT_SSLCERTPASSWD => $sslpass),
> 'trace' => 0);
>
> $var->param1=$param1;
> $var->param2=$param2;
> $p = array(new SOAP_Value('var','',$var));
> $ret = $soapclient->call("CompanyWebMethod",$p,$options);
> ?>
>
> Any suggestions how to do solve this problem?

I have no clue about PHP, so I can't tell you what it does.... however, the
way I'd probably approach this would be to try first and see whats going on
over the network between the existing client and server (say by using a tool
such as Simon Fell's TcpTrace [1]). With that, you could figure out a lot
and maybe either manually create the messages in XML and send them using
HttpWebRequest, or create your own WSDL describing the service and then
using wsdl.exe to generate a proxy class from there.

--
Tomas Restrepo