Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Sync Webservice call that MUST wait for Distributed System to process

Sync Webservice call that MUST wait for Distributed System to process

David Elliott

I have a distributed system that processes documents. There currently is an Async
Webservice in place and this works fine.

My customer is requesting a Sync Webservice call. I am trying to determine the best
way to implement this.

I thought I would have the Sync call to enter a sleep state and upon waking check a
ArrayList that was populated at the completion of the processing. If there is a doc then
return it, otherwise sleep.

Any thought would greatly be appreciated.

Dave