Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > password protection

password protection

cmrchs@yahoo.com

Hi,

when specifying NetWorkCredentials before accessing a WebService, how can I prevent having to hard-code the password ?

example :
// CMyCalculator represents the proxy
CMyCalculator calc = new CMyCalculator();
calc.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("user1", "mypwd");

How is this info sent over the wire anyway ? as plain text ???

if so, how can I hide that sensitive info ?

thanks
Chris