Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Problem with SoapException

Problem with SoapException

Gustavo Guerra

If in a WebMethod I throw a SoapException("message", MyFaultCode) it's
supposed to get the same exception back at the client, right?
But what's really happening is that I get a SoapException always with
ServerFaultCode and a full description on the message field, including stack
trace, like what happens when I throw any exception not of the SoapException
type. What can I be doing wrong to this to happen? Can somebody help me
here?

In this field, java is a little better, marshaling the exceptions from
server to client like they are using the SOAP Fault elements. .Net doesn't
do this automatically, and now I find that even manually sending a
SoapException with the message and fault code I want doesn't work.

Regards
Gustavo Guerra