Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Unexpected error when trying to create a network bridge in Windows

Unexpected error when trying to create a network bridge in Windows

=?Utf-8?B?Q3JhaWc=?=

Hi
I have a wireless network adapter (Safecom SWLPT-5410 and a wired network
adapter (3COM 3C940) which I would like to bridge.

However, when I do this it returns 'An unepected error occurred while
configuring the network bridge'. No further description is provided and no
events are logged.

A bridge appears in the list of connections but when the properties are
viewed no adapter is associated with it.

If I manually add the two adapters and configure the bridge's TCP-IP
settings I then get the message 'An unexpected condition occurred. Not all of
your requested changes in settings could be made.'. No further information is
provided and no errors are logged in the event log.

Please note; TCP_IP addresses are allocated manually; DHCP is not being used.

Any ideas?

--
Regards,
Craig