Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > IIS 6.0 ASP.NET Process Identity and ODBC

IIS 6.0 ASP.NET Process Identity and ODBC

Aras Kucinskas

Hi,

My WS ASP.NET application runs on IIS 6.0 and should connect to FoxPro DB on
file server over OLE DB ODBC connection. Special user is created on file
server for this application. I cannot find the right solution how to change
Process Identity.

App impersonates some user identity

<identity impersonate="true" userName="MyUser" password="MyPass" />

In this case application can read files with System.IO components on
specified file server directory, but System.Data.Odbc namespace components
not, because the try to connect with default IIS user identity - NETWORK
SERVICE. Maybe the problem is in MTS? Vfpodbc.dll starts in different
process with other identity?

How to find a solution?

Thanks

Aras

Paul Clement

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 16:37:16 +0300, "Aras Kucinskas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Hi,

My WS ASP.NET application runs on IIS 6.0 and should connect to FoxPro DB on
file server over OLE DB ODBC connection. Special user is created on file
server for this application. I cannot find the right solution how to change
Process Identity.

App impersonates some user identity

<identity impersonate="true" userName="MyUser" password="MyPass" />

In this case application can read files with System.IO components on
specified file server directory, but System.Data.Odbc namespace components
not, because the try to connect with default IIS user identity - NETWORK
SERVICE. Maybe the problem is in MTS? Vfpodbc.dll starts in different
process with other identity?

How to find a solution?

If you need to enable impersonation for a specific user then your web application should be
implementing Basic or integrated NT authentication. Your web site isn't set up for Anonymous access
is it?

Paul ~~~ http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Aras Kucinskas

Thanks. I change application pool's worker process identity in Application
Pools Properties - Identity Tab.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...