Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Q: Cheap Windows webhosting with ASP & DB

Q: Cheap Windows webhosting with ASP & DB

Jow Blow

HI,

I want to find some cheap webhosting with Microsoft ASP and database
access. I want to use Access and/or SQL DB with ADO.Net. I want to
practice some ASP programming and develop various things.

Does anyone have any ideas who is cheap and reliable?

Thanks
Jow

I can also be reached at:
filter1_at_digitalchickenDOTnetNOSPAM

Mark Rae

"Jow Blow" <see_address@in_msg.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HI,
>
> I want to find some cheap webhosting with Microsoft ASP and database
> access. I want to use Access and/or SQL DB with ADO.Net. I want to
> practice some ASP programming and develop various things.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas who is cheap and reliable?

www.hostinguk.net

Davide Vernole [MVP]

Jow Blow <see_address@in_msg.com> typed:

I'm using www.webhost4life.com. It's cheap and it has a good support system.

--
Davide Vernole
MVP ASP/ASP.NET

Brian Barnes

"Jow Blow" <see_address@in_msg.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HI,
>
> I want to find some cheap webhosting with Microsoft ASP and database
> access. I want to use Access and/or SQL DB with ADO.Net. I want to
> practice some ASP programming and develop various things.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas who is cheap and reliable?
>
> Thanks
> Jow
>
> I can also be reached at:
> filter1_at_digitalchickenDOTnetNOSPAM

If it is merly just practice, you can use XP pro (you'll just have to find
and install IIS), and use your copy of Access on your machine. You can also
use MSDE (free download from microsoft) to simulate a SQL Server database
(although it has it's limitations). This will allow you to practice,
although depending on your internet connection, it may not be suitable for
perminant hosting.

--
Brian Barnes
No Spam Proof e-mail

Scott Allen

I've been quite happy with discountasp.net..

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:06:20 +0100, "Mark Rae"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Jow Blow" <see_address@in_msg.com> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> HI,
>>
>> I want to find some cheap webhosting with Microsoft ASP and database
>> access. I want to use Access and/or SQL DB with ADO.Net. I want to
>> practice some ASP programming and develop various things.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas who is cheap and reliable?

>www.hostinguk.net

Michael Pearson

http://www.brinkster.com Free is good

"Jow Blow" <see_address@in_msg.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HI,
>
> I want to find some cheap webhosting with Microsoft ASP and database
> access. I want to use Access and/or SQL DB with ADO.Net. I want to
> practice some ASP programming and develop various things.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas who is cheap and reliable?
>
> Thanks
> Jow
>
> I can also be reached at:
> filter1_at_digitalchickenDOTnetNOSPAM

wl

I don't think they still accept free accounts ?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...