Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wired Desktop Wireless Laptop Connection

Wired Desktop Wireless Laptop Connection

=?Utf-8?B?V2lyZWQgRGVza3RvcCBXaXJlbGVzcyBMYXB0b3AgQ29ubmVjdGlvbg==?=

I have a Dell desktop with Windows XP Pro and a wireless X41 laptop with
Windows Tablet. THe router is Netgear.

I have changed the workgroups to the same name and turned firewalls off.
However whenever I try to access the workgroup computers I get the following
error message:
administrator of this server to find out if you have permissions. Network
path not found.

Please let me know how can I fix this so that I can share files and
printers.

Malke

Wired Desktop Wireless Laptop Connection wrote:

> I have a Dell desktop with Windows XP Pro and a wireless X41 laptop
> with
> Windows Tablet. THe router is Netgear.
>
> I have changed the workgroups to the same name and turned firewalls
> off. However whenever I try to access the workgroup computers I get
> the following error message:
> administrator of this server to find out if you have permissions.
> Network path not found.
>
> Please let me know how can I fix this so that I can share files and
> printers.

Make identical user accounts/passwords on both machines. Now see if your
sharing works. If you are still having difficulties, here is an
excellent troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna. Take the time to go
through it and it will pinpoint the problem areas:

http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers