Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > WS-Transaction

WS-Transaction

moko

I understand that 'WS-Transaction' is the standard for cross-webservice
transaction management. Couple of questions :-

1) In what state of readiness is it ?
2) will it work even if one of the 2 web services was developed using a
different platform , like J2EE ?

Thanks.

Jeffrey Hasan

There is currently no WSE support for any of the related specification that
cover cross-web-service transactions, including WS-Transaction,
WS-AtomicTransaction, WS-Coordination and WS-BusinessActivity. Some of these
specs are still being hammered out. They started coming out early this
Spring. Given the breadth of these specs it is unlikely that they could be
supported on the Microsoft platform before Indigo comes out. In the
meantime, the approach that I use is to implement the service
agent/aggregation models, where one agent is responsible for initiating and
coordinating a set of related service calls. Check out the MSDN patterns and
practices site for further information.

Good luck!

Jeffrey Hasan, MCSD
President, Bluestone Partners, Inc.
Author of: Expert SOA in C# Using WSE 2.0 (APress, 2004)
http://www.bluestonepartners.com/soa.aspx

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...