Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > WebServices and CAPICOM

WebServices and CAPICOM

Sergio Lera via .NET 247

08-05-2004
(Type your message here)

--------------------------------

Hello,

I am developing a web service that needs to create a PKCS#7 structure. To sign the data a PKCS#12(PFX) file with the signing private key is needed to be loaded. To do this I am using CAPICOM but I have a problem:
When I try to import the PFX file I get the following exception:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified.
at CAPICOM.SignerClass.Load(String FileName, String Password)

I have tried to obtain the certificate from a certificate store but I get another exception which says that the Certificate store is empty (this is not true, of course):

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException(0x8088 0231):The certificate store does not contain any certificate.

What is hapenning? How can i solve it?

ahh.. if I could not solve my problem..
apart to CAPICOM, is there another way to load a PKCS12 file and to create a PKCS7 structure?

-----------------------
Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/)

<Id>Bt00iDuqRUeqTb2hCSozNg==</Id>

06-01-2005
I would like to know if you could solve this issue.

Best regards

> (Type your message here)
>
> --------------------------------
> From: Sergio Lera
>
> Hello,
>
> I am developing a web service that needs to create a PKCS#7 structure. To sign the data a PKCS#12(PFX) file with the signing private key is needed to be loaded. To do this I am using CAPICOM but I have a problem:
> When I try to import the PFX file I get the following exception:
>
> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request
> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified.
> at CAPICOM.SignerClass.Load(String FileName, String Password)
>
> I have tried to obtain the certificate from a certificate store but I get another exception which says that the Certificate store is empty (this is not true, of course):
>
> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException(0x8088 0231):The certificate store does not contain any certificate.
>
> What is hapenning? How can i solve it?
>
> ahh.. if I could not solve my problem..
> apart to CAPICOM, is there another way to load a PKCS12 file and to create a PKCS7 structure?
>
> -----------------------
> Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/)
>
> <Id>Bt00iDuqRUeqTb2hCSozNg==</Id>

User submitted from AEWNET (http://www.aewnet.com/)