Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > SOAP over SSL? NotSupportedException in generated client proxy code

SOAP over SSL? NotSupportedException in generated client proxy code

NewsGroups

Hi all,

I used the wizards in VC.NET to generate code to generate a client proxy for
a web service in the usual manner. The .WSDL file is published on the web,
the only slightly unusual thing about the site is it happens to be an
SSL-only and authenticated.

When I invoke the generated code, I get this exception:

System.NotSupportedException: The ServicePointManager does not support
proxies of https scheme.
at System.Net.ServicePointManager.FindServicePoint(Ur i address, IWebProxy
proxy)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.FindServicePoint(Boolean forceFind)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.set_InternalProxy(IWebPr oxy value)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.set_Proxy(IWebProxy value)
at System.Net.Service.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol .GetWebRequest(Uri
uri)
at System.Net.Service.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoco l.GetWebRequest(Uri
uri)
at System.Net.Service.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoco l.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters)

Which, hard as it is to believe, seems to be telling me the code cannot
support SOAP/SSL througha proxy server. (Note the "The ServicePointManager
does not support proxies of https scheme." above)

The generated code is currently 99% unmodified, the only change is to attach
the default credentials to get past the proxy server.

Any ideas?

Platform is 1.1 framework, VC.NET 2003, Win2000 SP3

Thanks,
DWL