Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > How to secure webservice

How to secure webservice

Leo

Hi,
I want to make sure that no one else can call and receive data from my web methods?
How to do it..
--
Leo

Mike Smith

securing a web service can be the same way u do it to a web site..
using authentication so that the caller would have to send over credentials
before being able to access the webmethod results.

one can also go into a more advanced fashion by creating ur very own custome
soap extensions to include in the soap headers some authentication info like
username and passwords (encrypted of course)

--
Regards,
Mike

"Leo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I want to make sure that no one else can call and receive data from my web

methods?
> How to do it..
> --
> Leo

---

Gerald Brose

Leo wrote:
> I want to make sure that no one else can call and receive
> data from my web methods?
> How to do it..

The answer below was given to an almost identical question in
another thread:

Rather than hardcoding security logic into your applications
you can use a separate SOAP Firewall that allows you to

- integrate security transparently (i.e. without modifying
application code) even in multi-vendor deployments

- manage your security policies centrally, using a professional
admin console GUI

You may want to take a look at Xtradyne's WS-DBC (Domain Boundary
Controller), which delivers comprehensive security and enterprise-
grade performance. See http://www.xtradyne.com for more info.

Regards, Gerald.
--
Dr. Gerald Brose (E-Mail Removed)