Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless troubles

Wireless troubles

=?Utf-8?B?VG9ueSBM?=

I have two new computers both running XP SP2. They are both connected to
wireless internet without problem, i would like to use that wireless
connection to connect them to each other to be able to have shared folders
and a shared printer. Please help me out

Tony L

Carol

How are you connected to the "wireless internet"? It will help to know so we
can help you get connected together.

"Tony L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have two new computers both running XP SP2. They are both connected to
> wireless internet without problem, i would like to use that wireless
> connection to connect them to each other to be able to have shared folders
> and a shared printer. Please help me out
>
> Tony L

__spc__

"Carol" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How are you connected to the "wireless internet"? It will help to know so
> we can help you get connected together.
>

> "Tony L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have two new computers both running XP SP2. They are both connected to
>> wireless internet without problem, i would like to use that wireless
>> connection to connect them to each other to be able to have shared
>> folders
>> and a shared printer. Please help me out
>>
>> Tony L

If the two PCs are on the same WLAN, just insert the XP CD into EACH
machine, go 'Additional Tasks' (or somesuch) from the menu, then 'Setup a
home or small office network'. Follow the cues...

Don't forget to add the IP address of each machine to the trusted zone of
the firewall on the other...

Carol

and both machine have 802.11x that connect them, or what is your wireless
connection?

"__spc__" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XQhaf.945$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Carol" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How are you connected to the "wireless internet"? It will help to know so
>> we can help you get connected together.
>>

>> "Tony L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I have two new computers both running XP SP2. They are both connected to
>>> wireless internet without problem, i would like to use that wireless
>>> connection to connect them to each other to be able to have shared
>>> folders
>>> and a shared printer. Please help me out
>>>
>>> Tony L

> If the two PCs are on the same WLAN, just insert the XP CD into EACH
> machine, go 'Additional Tasks' (or somesuch) from the menu, then 'Setup a
> home or small office network'. Follow the cues...
>
> Don't forget to add the IP address of each machine to the trusted zone of
> the firewall on the other...

Carol

oh yea, how is your "wireless internet" connected. What kind of modem do you
have or how are you connecting to the internet?