Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Accessing webservice from access

Accessing webservice from access

John

Hi

Is it possible to call a web service that returns a dataset, from access?
Could I please have an example of how to call such a service from access?

Thanks

Regards

Ian Jones

John,

Here's an article on how to do it :

http://www.dotnetspider.com/Technology/KBPages/58.aspx

Hope this helps

Ian

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to call a web service that returns a dataset, from access?
> Could I please have an example of how to call such a service from access?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards

John

What I am not clear is how to register my web service so its reference comes
up.

Thanks

Regards

"Ian Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> John,
>
> Here's an article on how to do it :
>
> http://www.dotnetspider.com/Technology/KBPages/58.aspx
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Ian

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> >
> > Is it possible to call a web service that returns a dataset, from

access?
> > Could I please have an example of how to call such a service from

access?

> > Thanks
> >
> > Regards

Ian Jones

Sorry John,

That link was to part 2. Part 1 shows you how to reference web services
from VBA.

http://www.dotnetspider.com/Technolo...px?SampleId=19

Looks like you need Office XP though.

There is another way you can access web services using the Microsoft.XMLHTTP
COM object though.

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/021029.htm

Cheers

Ian