Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Webservice API Call

Webservice API Call

Zachary Chauvin

I get the following error below upon attempts to access a webservice that
attempts to call advapi32.dll

I believe this to be a security issue yet I am logging in under windows
authentication mode as a user with administrative priveleges (which I would
like to change). I can make the API call through a windows app with no
issues but as soon as I attempt to call it through the webservice it gives
me the error. Everything else in the webservice itself works, including the
issuing and returning of data, it's only when I attempt to make the API call
it pukes.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Zach

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException'
occurred in system.web.services.dll

Additional information: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server
was unable to process request. ---> System.EntryPointNotFoundException:
Unable to find an entry point named GetLastError in DLL advapi32.dll.