Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > COM object in webservice

COM object in webservice

Cheung, Jeffrey Jing-Yen

Is there some sort of restriction for instantiating a COM object in a
..NET webservice? I have a method inside my webservice that instantiates
a COM object, and returns a custom class, but if I return the custom
class after I instantiate the COM object, I always get a garbled mess.
I only assume there is an error thrown because I have procedures that
write to a file on the server for error trapping purposes. When I look
in the text file, it is empty. How can I safely error trap exceptions
and ensure that have the right parameters to instantiate my COM?

Regards,

Jeff Cheung

Joe H

if the web service is being called with anonymous credentials, then you
probably wouldn't have the rights to write to a log file on the server's
disk.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...