Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > asp.net (vb) LOGIN function using XML

asp.net (vb) LOGIN function using XML

Prog-M

Hi.

I'm trying to create a login page in asp.net using information from an
XML document. (visual basic)

I've tried Rowfilter to find a cell with the 'username' and then match
this with the 'Password' cell on the same row.... -> allow page to
redirect if these match:

If 'username' match 'password' then "redirect to next page" else
"Error message"

Does anyone know how to create this login function?

Thank you for all help.

Brian Barnes

"Prog-M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to create a login page in asp.net using information from an
> XML document. (visual basic)
>
> I've tried Rowfilter to find a cell with the 'username' and then match
> this with the 'Password' cell on the same row.... -> allow page to
> redirect if these match:
>
> If 'username' match 'password' then "redirect to next page" else
> "Error message"
>
> Does anyone know how to create this login function?
>
> Thank you for all help.

This is probably not the best solution, but you could load it into a dataset
and manually search through it for the username/Password combination