Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > What happens when a client calling a web service is killed?

What happens when a client calling a web service is killed?

Steve

I'm sure this is a simple question but I haven't really being able to
find an answer.

What happens if a client calls a webservice and the client is then
killed before the webservice has finished processing the request? Does
the webservice finish the method call or does it abort mid method? Is
the behaviour the same for synchronise and asynchronise calls?

Cheers,

Steve

Jan Tielens

The web service will continue to do its work, but sync and async.

What you can do is use the IsClientConnected property (of the HttpResponse
class), this will return true/false so you can actually know on your server
if the client is still there.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ectedTopic.asp

For example:
<WebMethod()> _

Public Sub Test()

'Do stuff

If Me.Context.Response.IsClientConnected Then

End If

End Sub

--
Greetz