Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Calling a remote object from a WebService

Calling a remote object from a WebService

Jack Peters

I have a WebService and I to use .NET remoting from this WebService

My problem to configure the remote object from within the WebService.
I have tried RemotingConfiguration.Configure but it throws a
RemotingException
I have also tried to open a channel like this:
HttpChannel channel = new HttpChannel(0);
ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(channel );
But the register channel also throws an Exception. Whatever port I
specify the message is the channel is already registered
I have tried to access the same remote object through a windows from
client and everything works fine

What do I do wrong? Please help.