Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Adding Web Reference Times Out

Adding Web Reference Times Out

Craig Miles

Hi,

I created a Web Service on my localhost which I can run and debug fine.
I then created a VB.Net windows application and try to add a Web Reference.
I select the Search for Web Services on this machine option. It lists the
asmx file
from the above web service. When I select this asmx file however I time out
with
the following error:
There was an error downloading
'http://localhost/iPower/Services/iwsClientJobs/Delta.asmx'.
The operation has timed-out.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction to get this to work?

Thanks,
Craig Miles

Craig Miles

Further information. I ran disco.exe manually passing the URL to the asmx
file and got the following error:
Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type
initializer fo
r "System.Net.Sockets.Socket" threw an exception. --->
System.Net.Sockets.Socket
Exception: An operation on a socket could not be performed because the
system la
cked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InitializeSockets()
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket..cctor()
at System.Net.Connection.StartConnectionCallback(Obje ct state, Boolean
wasSig
nalled)
ERROR: http://localhost/iPower/Services/iwsClients/Delta.asmx
- There was an error downloading