Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Unable to access public functions of the objects used as parameters of the web service.

Unable to access public functions of the objects used as parameters of the web service.

Sonal

I have a web method as follows:
Public Function SearchDocument(ByVal UserLogonName As String, ByVal
BusinessName As String,ByVal SearchData As MGSearchObjCollection) As
MGDocCollection

The object MGSearchObjCollection inturn has lots of properties and
functions.

Now from a web form when i access this web service and create
MGSearchObjCollection, it is not showing me the functions in this
object but it does allow me to set the properties. Is there any way i
can access the functions also in this.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

When you use webservices, you are not passing objects, you are passing
messages.
Webservices is philosophically different from object remoting.

http://www.dotnet247.com/247referenc...45/228399.aspx
or
http://dotnetjunkies.com/Newsgroups/.../24/82827.aspx

also see "Sharing Types"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...ce07162002.asp

It may be possible to use the approach described there, and replace the
return type in the generated proxy with your desired type.

-D

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...