Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Tivoli authentication, webservices and .Net

Tivoli authentication, webservices and .Net

Francois Vanderseypen

We have a single-sign-on Tivoli authentication system
with various ASP.Net application and webservices.

Accessing the webservices requires authentication from outside.

How can one programmatically pass credentials when requesting a
webservice? I tried via the standard 'Credentials' and
'CredentialCache' mechanism but no success.

[Tivoli v4.2 with custom CDAS, Windows 2K, Net 1.1]

Help is appreciated even if your/the context is a bit different,
Tivoli and webservices support is hard to find.

Thanks a lot!

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

....removing irrelevant cross-posted groups...

Have you looked at IBM's Tivoli Access Manager for .NET ?
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/amnet

If nothing else, maybe someone on those forums would have some better
insight.

The ways .NET webservices proxies pass credentials is kindof well understood
here on this group, but I will wager that the way Tivoli expects to get such
credentials is not well understood.

--
Dino Chiesa
Microsoft Developer Division