Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Webservices Authentication

Webservices Authentication

Asim Qazi

Hi
i am new to webservices and written 1-2 sample webservices,
i need some help to authenticate, that my service should be available to
some specific callers, like when the service is called so it should validate
that if the call was from valid application or User .

Waiting for reply

Qazi Asim

Jan Tielens

What kind of client applications do you have? If they are all .NET running
on a Windows platform, you can easily use Integrated Windows Authentication.

--
Greetz,
Jan

"Asim Qazi" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> i am new to webservices and written 1-2 sample webservices,
> i need some help to authenticate, that my service should be available

> some specific callers, like when the service is called so it should

validate
> that if the call was from valid application or User .
>
> Waiting for reply
>
> Qazi Asim

Asim Qazi

Thankx for the Answer,

Yeah it will be .net cliect , can u tell me about any use full tutorial
which will help me

Qazi Asim

"Jan Tielens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> What kind of client applications do you have? If they are all .NET running
> on a Windows platform, you can easily use Integrated Windows

Authentication.

> --
> Greetz,
> Jan
> ________________________
> Read my weblog: http://weblogs.asp.net/jan
>
> "Asim Qazi" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> > i am new to webservices and written 1-2 sample webservices,
> > i need some help to authenticate, that my service should be

available
> > some specific callers, like when the service is called so it should

> validate
> > that if the call was from valid application or User .
> >
> > Waiting for reply
> >
> > Qazi Asim

Jan Tielens

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickst...eservices.aspx