Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Adding a web reference to a java web service

Adding a web reference to a java web service

wawa_piggy

Hi,

In my .net web application, I was trying to add a web reference to a
Java web service running on a SUNONE machine in my intranet.
But while the dialog box was searching for the reference, i encounter
the following errors.

No Web References were found on this page.

The request failed with HTTP status 502: Proxy Error ( The ISA Server
denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). ).

But the wsdl for the web service was available.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks..

Jan Tielens

Can you browse with IE to the wsdl page?

--
Greetz,
Jan

"wawa_piggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> In my .net web application, I was trying to add a web reference to a
> Java web service running on a SUNONE machine in my intranet.
> But while the dialog box was searching for the reference, i encounter
> the following errors.
>

> No Web References were found on this page.
>
> The request failed with HTTP status 502: Proxy Error ( The ISA Server
> denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). ).
>

> But the wsdl for the web service was available.
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks..

wawa_piggy

Yup.. i was able to view the wsdl in the IE window when i key in the
url. So i assume it is valid.

At first, I was wondering if ther is a need to configure some settings
so that .Net will bypass the proxy server for the IP address because the
the web service actually reside on the server within the intranet. But i
can't seems to find any configuration files for this purpose.

Jan Tielens

It seems to mee you are heaving a problem with your firewall/proxy. Could
you save the contents of the wsdl (xml) to a file, and then add a web
reference to that file? Probably this will work, but it could be that you
will have the same problem when you try to access the web service.

--
Greetz,
Jan

"wawa_piggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Yup.. i was able to view the wsdl in the IE window when i key in the
> url. So i assume it is valid.
>
> At first, I was wondering if ther is a need to configure some settings
> so that .Net will bypass the proxy server for the IP address because the
> the web service actually reside on the server within the intranet. But i
> can't seems to find any configuration files for this purpose.

wawa_piggy

Yes. I am able to browse with IE to the wsdl page for my web services.
But when i use the Add Web Reference box to add the web reference , it
simply give the error

"No Web References were found on this page.

The request failed with HTTP status 502: Proxy Error ( The ISA Server
denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). )."

May i know what is wrong??
Thanks.

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

Can you show us the URL ?
Can you show us the IE Proxy settings?

Check out this blogpost for what may be a similar situation:
http://weblogs.asp.net/jlerman/archi...3/25/4283.aspx

-D

news:(E-Mail Removed)...