Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Custom interfaces

Custom interfaces

Robert Scheer

Hi.

My web service class implements a custom interface. When I see the
service description, my custom interface is not there. In my client, I
add a reference to the web service and my custom interface does not
appear. Are custom interfaces supported on web services? Are there
special considerations when using them?

Thanks,
Robert Scheer

Jan Tielens

Which class implements your interface? Is it your webservice class or a
class that serves as a return value or parameter? Maybe some code snippets
could help...

--
Greetz,
Jan

"Robert Scheer" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi.
>
> My web service class implements a custom interface. When I see the
> service description, my custom interface is not there. In my client, I
> add a reference to the web service and my custom interface does not
> appear. Are custom interfaces supported on web services? Are there
> special considerations when using them?
>
> Thanks,
> Robert Scheer

Robert Scheer

Hi Jan.

That's the relevant part of my web service:

Public Interface IWebTest
Sub TryIt()
End Interface

<System.Web.Services.WebService(Namespace:="http ://tempuri.org/FirstWs/Testcomp")>
_
Public Class FirstWs
Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService
Implements IWebTest

<WebMethod()> _
Public Sub TryIt() Implements IWebTest.TryIt
Dim s As String = "First Web Service"
End Sub
End Class

When I look at the wsdl, the IWebTest interface does not appear. The
client will not show the interface too. I am using vs.net 2003.

Thanks,
Robert Scheer

"Jan Tielens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Which class implements your interface? Is it your webservice class or a
> class that serves as a return value or parameter? Maybe some code snippets
> could help...
>
> --
> Greetz,
> Jan
> ________________________
> Read my weblog: http://weblogs.asp.net/jan
>
> "Robert Scheer" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Hi.
> >
> > My web service class implements a custom interface. When I see the
> > service description, my custom interface is not there. In my client, I
> > add a reference to the web service and my custom interface does not
> > appear. Are custom interfaces supported on web services? Are there
> > special considerations when using them?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Robert Scheer

Jan Tielens

I don't think interfaces on webservice class level can be made visible in a
wsdl.

--
Greetz,
Jan