Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Returning user-defined objects from a web method

Returning user-defined objects from a web method

Rafael Corchuelo

Hello! I've created a web service that contains the following method:

[WebMethod]
public Foo Bar() {...}

Foo is a class that models simple objects with a few simple methods. The
problem is that every time I create a proxy to this web service using
"References/Add web reference", a new Foo class is created (and it contains
public fields and properties only).

Can I tell VS to download the original Foo class to the client instead of
creating a new class?

Thanks in advance,

RC