Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > soap call monitor

soap call monitor

Maersa

hi all,

is there a tool around to monitor in comming and outgoing soap messages ?

thanks,

Softwaremaker

Yes, I think there are a few codes snippets out there that does
that...Basically it uses SOAP Extensions to do it.

My recommendation is to download WSE1SP1 from MS' site. You can specify at
the Web.config file whether or not to enable SOAP Tracing and gives you the
option to specify the file names for both input and output SOAP Traces.

hth

--
Thank you very much

Warmest Regards,
William T (Willie) - Softwaremaker
Architect | Evangelist | Consultant

Microsoft Regional Director
http://www.microsoft.com/rd

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Maersa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi all,
>
> is there a tool around to monitor in comming and outgoing soap messages ?
>
> thanks,

Softwaremaker

This is the extension in the Web.Config file that will enable tracing.

<microsoft.web.services>
<diagnostics>
<trace enabled="true" input="inputtrace.xml" output="outputtrace.xml"/>
</diagnostics>
</microsoft.web.services>

Remember to download the WSE1SP1 from http://www.microsoft.com

--
Thank you very much

Warmest Regards,
William T (Willie) - Softwaremaker
Architect | Evangelist | Consultant

Microsoft Regional Director
http://www.microsoft.com/rd

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Maersa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi all,
>
> is there a tool around to monitor in comming and outgoing soap messages ?
>
> thanks,

Maersa

Hi William,

Thanks for the answer, but what if the Webservice was developed by some
other party and you'd like to monitor it. Would the way you suggested work ?

thanks,

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

?

> > thanks,

Softwaremaker

Hello,

OK. I see your point. I have not tested it out before on a third party WS
Component before BUT I have no reason to believe it otherwise.

Download and install WSE1SP1 then go to the specific web.config file of the
web service you would like to trace and add the relevant sections (which was
described below).

If you prefer not to do that and rather install a small tool or utlility to
listen in on SOAP Messages on IIS, there is another alternative you may want
to look at that may work in your scenario. Microsoft used to have s SOAP
Trace Utility that comes with their MS SOAP Toolkit. However, that has been
retired by the .NET Framework
http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservice...k/default.aspx

However, PocketSOAP.com has a free utility that works the same way and with
the reviews it has gotten, seems to be doing the job well. Check it out
here. http://www.pocketsoap.com/tcptrace/

hth

--
Thank you very much

Warmest Regards,
William T (Willie) - Softwaremaker
Architect | Evangelist | Consultant

Microsoft Regional Director
http://www.microsoft.com/rd

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Maersa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OV#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi William,
>
> Thanks for the answer, but what if the Webservice was developed by some
> other party and you'd like to monitor it. Would the way you suggested work

?

> thanks,
>

> "Softwaremaker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > This is the extension in the Web.Config file that will enable tracing.
> >
> > <microsoft.web.services>
> > <diagnostics>
> > <trace enabled="true" input="inputtrace.xml"

output="outputtrace.xml"/>
> > </diagnostics>
> > </microsoft.web.services>
> >
> > Remember to download the WSE1SP1 from http://www.microsoft.com
> >
> > --
> > Thank you very much
> >
> > Warmest Regards,
> > William T (Willie) - Softwaremaker
> > Architect | Evangelist | Consultant
> >
> > Microsoft Regional Director
> > http://www.microsoft.com/rd
> >
> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >

> > "Maersa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > hi all,
> > >
> > > is there a tool around to monitor in comming and outgoing soap

messages
> ?
> > >
> > > thanks,

Maersa

Hi,

Thanks for the help, the exact tool I was looking for.
thanks,

"Softwaremaker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> OK. I see your point. I have not tested it out before on a third party WS
> Component before BUT I have no reason to believe it otherwise.
>
> Download and install WSE1SP1 then go to the specific web.config file of

the
> web service you would like to trace and add the relevant sections (which

was
> described below).
>
> If you prefer not to do that and rather install a small tool or utlility

> listen in on SOAP Messages on IIS, there is another alternative you may

want
> to look at that may work in your scenario. Microsoft used to have s SOAP
> Trace Utility that comes with their MS SOAP Toolkit. However, that has

been
> retired by the .NET Framework
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservice...k/default.aspx
>
> However, PocketSOAP.com has a free utility that works the same way and

with
> the reviews it has gotten, seems to be doing the job well. Check it out
> here. http://www.pocketsoap.com/tcptrace/
>
> hth
>
> --
> Thank you very much
>
> Warmest Regards,
> William T (Willie) - Softwaremaker
> Architect | Evangelist | Consultant
>
> Microsoft Regional Director
> http://www.microsoft.com/rd
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>

> "Maersa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OV#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi William,
> >
> > Thanks for the answer, but what if the Webservice was developed by some
> > other party and you'd like to monitor it. Would the way you suggested

work
> ?
> >
> > thanks,
> >

> > "Softwaremaker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > This is the extension in the Web.Config file that will enable tracing.
> > >
> > > <microsoft.web.services>
> > > <diagnostics>
> > > <trace enabled="true" input="inputtrace.xml"

> output="outputtrace.xml"/>
> > > </diagnostics>
> > > </microsoft.web.services>
> > >
> > > Remember to download the WSE1SP1 from http://www.microsoft.com
> > >
> > > --
> > > Thank you very much
> > >
> > > Warmest Regards,
> > > William T (Willie) - Softwaremaker
> > > Architect | Evangelist | Consultant
> > >
> > > Microsoft Regional Director
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/rd
> > >
> > > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> > >

> > > "Maersa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:#(E-Mail Removed)...

> messages
> > ?

any library for SOAP 1.1 or SOAP 1.2? Amogh Hooshdar Python 1 03-11-2008 09:29 PM
SOAP Request is repeated in the SOAP response. comp.text.xml XML 0 09-20-2006 08:41 AM
SOAP over JMS vs SOAP over HTTP Nagesh Java 2 08-12-2006 12:31 AM
To SOAP or Not To SOAP? mooseshoes XML 3 09-21-2003 04:38 PM
SOAP Client creation in ASP.NET using MS SOAP Toolkit Sham Ramakrishnan ASP .Net 2 07-01-2003 11:29 AM

Advertisments